Here are some ideas for experimenting with
BEAM robots & BIO-Bugs.
Right now, I'm focusing on more or less free-form
building of bots and then on playing with the products, rather than
over-theorizing up front. So far I've learned a lot just from seeing how these
things are made, participating in their construction, and watching their
- Improve Bug mobility by: improving claws;
- Hinder Bug mobility by: e.g., by removing a
leg; can it compensate?
- Can a Palmtop computer's IR port be used to
- Build a Lego
Mindstorms robot that leads, via its Infra-Red port, a tribe of B.I.O.
- Mute the Bug's sound [here are instructions
for how to do this], cover Bug in fake-fur.
Does this make the Bug more socially acceptable to cats?
- Find new ways to attract cat's attention
(& interaction). Got ideas? E-mail me at email@example.com.
- Build a BEAM robot with an Infra-Red diode to
- add a laser pointer. (Bad idea
because the laser could probably blind a cat; laser pointers are a technology
that needs intelligent guidance.)
This site belongs to: Chris